Creating a system of stroke care to improve outcomes
In the South West Local Health Integration Network area* 28 hospitals, the Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network, Emergency Medical Services, the South West Community Care Access Centre and specialized stroke clinics and services are working together to create a system of stroke care that will improve outcomes.
A newsletter is created and shared without stakeholders each month providing an update on the status of Phase 1 (In-hospital) Implementation and Phase 2 (Post-Acute) of the South West Stroke Project. Newsletters may also highlight one component of stroke care or describe the story of a person with stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) within the South West LHIN. These newsletters form one arm of the project’s stakeholder engagement and communications strategy.
In this issue you’ll find:
- updates on Phase I and Phase II activities and education
- Elgin Oxford Norfolk
- Grey Bruce — including January 16, 2017 realignment information
- Huron Perth
- London Middlesex Oxford
- Inpatient rehabilitation at Woodstock Hospital
- Paramedic transportation agreements
- LHIN review of repatriation agreements
- Feature story on outpatient rehabilitation and Community Stroke Rehabiltation Team
- In the news – Grey Bruce stroke realignment media coverage
- January 2017 Newsletter – highlights inpatient rehabilitation, Huron Perth’s expanded Integrated Stroke Unit, and Phases I & II activities and education
- December 2016 Newsletter – highlights education for Phases I & II, non-designated sites and Huron Perth realignment coverage
- November 2016 Newsletter – highlights the work of the Local Stroke Working Groups, the Phase II Gap Analysis events, and the journey for people with stroke and TIA at the District Stroke Centres.
- October 2016 Newsletter – highlight the new South West Stroke Project Web Pages and a husband-wife stroke survivor story
- September 2016 Newsletter – highlight on education, the Regional Stroke Centre, and a stroke survivor story
- August 2016 Newsletter– highlight on the release of the 3 new F.A.S.T. videos with local content encouraging those experiencing or witnessing the signs of stroke to call 911 rapidly.
- July 2016 Newsletter – highlight on Alexandra and Marine General Hospital Telestroke, the Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network, and a stroke survivor story
- June 2016 Newsletter – highlight on evaluation and Secondary Stroke Prevention
- May 2016 Newsletter – highlight on Phase 2 process mapping and EMS
There are three videos – one for each of Grey-Bruce, Huron-Perth, and Thames Valley. Please feel free to use these videos to increase the awareness to act F.A.S.T.
View the F.A.S.T. Videos
*The South West LHIN serves Grey, Bruce, Huron, Perth, Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin and Norfolk (West)